Ashley Strain: New Beginnings


It was almost just over a month ago before I got on a plane and started my journey in the UK. I would be lying if I had said that I felt confident and reassured before I left. During my final days back at home the worry jitters were starting to get to me because I really had no idea what to expect. But now that I am here I can safely say that this is one of the best decisions I have ever made. 


From when I first landed I was lucky enough to be greeted by students of the school where I met other international students and friendly faces. Through a small international students orientation I was able to branch out and meet people from all around the world and it was so interesting to hear their stories and learn about their differences. I can already say that I am much more knowledgeable about the many different countries in the world.  

Since then I don’t think a day has gone by where I wished I was back home. I have already made so many great friends and created amazing memories I will remember for the rest of my life. The town I am living in is very small but that doesn’t mean my opportunities are limited. We are a ten minute bus ride from the train station which can take us almost anywhere in the UK! 

London is the closest (around 30 min away) and I love it so much I have already been multiple times. I love how every time I go into the city there is something new to explore. Next weekend I start my first adventure outside of the country- I’m off to Paris and then Amsterdam the weekend after. I am so fortunate to have been able to take part in this experience and I am so excited to see what the rest of this adventure has to offer. I already am enjoying myself way too much it’s surreal that I still have months left for it to get even better! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!