Katie Razavi: All In the First Month…

Studying abroad at a school in Europe is such an amazing opportunity. You get to become a part of a new place as you settle into your own town, but at the same time, you have the ability to visit so many new places. I’ve been here for about a month now I have already visited three different countries: England, Belgium, and of course, the Netherlands. And next week I’ll be off to Austria, and soon after, to France.

One of my favorite things has been meeting new people from so many different places. The ways of life and cultural differences, no matter how slight or vast, are incredibly interesting to watch and be a part of. 

Another great part is trying to many different types of cuisine. They really like their frites and mayonnaise here. I haven’t yet tried the national dish of pickled herring and onions, and I am hesitant but I am going to do it before I come home! Coffee here is also amazing – its not as available, but when you find it, you can just tell that there has been more care put into it.

I’ve been all around my little town, its beautiful and has great beaches, and biking everywhere is really fun. But be warned, the wind here is insane. Make sure you bring a good windbreaker when you come! Other than the wind, the weather here is pretty much the same as Vancouver. It changes every five minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!