Zhen Tang: Be Brave and Meet Your Dreams in a New World!


I have to say the saying “better spending your time travelling 1000 miles than reading 1000 books” does make a lot of sense. You have no idea how much “going abroad” can give to you before you actually do it. I won’t just talk about it one-sided because all the best memories always contains not only beautiful things but also negative aspects. That is the real “study abroad”.
I thought I could earn a new experience and make friends from other countries at the beginning. I realized I have to pay the price to achieve the goal I wanted. However, it wasn’t until I met troubles and problems in this completely new place and new school when I understood it more. 

I think three things you have to know before you decide to go abroad. Firstly, you must know why you choose study abroad. You should be able to give reasons for the purposes that you go to a new place for one semester instead of the beautiful Vancouver. You’ll follow the reasons to motivate yourself to do the best during this unique semester. Secondly, you must train yourself to have good problem solving skills before studying abroad.  You will meet challenges along the way that just online research and talking to people who have gone abroad won’t prepare you for.  Finally, You must be conscious to protect yourself all the time.  You leave the city and the school you are familiar with and go to a strange country; the most important thing is safety first no matter what you do.


Now, let me tell you some good things that I learn and earn. As an international student in Canada, I have to take into consideration the language when I choose the second foreign country to go abroad. United Kingdom also is a country that uses English as their first language. This is good for me to improve my English skills during the study abroad semester. You should choose the destination according to your actual situation. I took classes in a different educational system in UK, from how to choose the courses  to what’s their teaching styles. Without any doubt, this is a good opportunity for people who love travelling.

I travelled to some cities with my host institution and knew some other exchange students through all these trips at the weekend. Then, I went to France, Italy and Spain with bunch of friends during the Easter break. I visited my old friends who are studying in Manchester and Newcastle after finals. I think I should get a map and circle places out I visited through the whole year at the end of 2012!
I want to tell all of you if you have this opportunity to go abroad, do not hesitate to take advantage of it. Do enough preparations and take your dreams with you!

Comments

  1. Hi


    Study in abroad can change your life style.You will come back a new person.




    Study Abroad Courses

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!