Jillian van der Gracht: Ljubljana

The train ride from Budapest to Slovenia was one of the prettiest train rides I've been on.  It was a little rainy out and misty, we were going through the mountains, and there were random abandoned castles.  It honestly reminded me a lot of Harry Potter.  Either way, the view from the train was pretty awesome.

It was pouring rain when we got into Ljubljana so we were a little bummed.  The next day was Easter and it was raining again.  It didn't help that I was a little homesick, and I knew my mom was cooking a 28 lb. turkey for Easter dinner and I was probably going to have to eat McDonalds because nothing was open.

After getting over my crankiness, the day ended up being pretty good.  We ventured out and saw the main square and another Easter market.  Since it was raining, we decided to go on a cave tour.  It was a one hour train ride and the tour was pretty cool.  The cave seemed so real that it was fake.  If that makes any sense.  I also didn't end up having to eat McDonalds for dinner.  We found a traditional Slovenian restaurant that was really good.
















The next day we made our way back to IBK.  Funnily enough, on the train ride home we ran into Margarethe, our study abroad coordinator at MCI.  Although the Easter trip was awesome, I was really excited to go home to Innsbruck and have my own room, sleep in my own bed, do laundry, and go for a run.  It was also nice to see all our roomies back at Akademikerhilfe.  Me, Jamie and Frankie all missed them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!