Jamie Borthwick: Budapest

To say the least, Budapest was amazing! We were there a total of four full days and I have to say it was my favourite stop on our Easter holiday tour. We just hung out most of the time around the city and stayed at a place called the Bazar hostel, which was overall a great hostel.

We also went to the baths and became experts on the best ones in Budapest from personal experience (‘Szechenyi’ as seen above is the best one, and on a side note ‘Gellert’ is not as fun). The baths were an awesome place to sit back, relax, and enjoy the sun… amongst the tanned, old, large, Hungarian men who clearly had a annual pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y8dyCTsPzHs

I also went caving which was one of the most fun activities I’ve done thus far. I met some really cool people in the caves (not literally), and successfully survived the excursion (check out me caving in the video above).


If you are ever in Budapest I highly suggest that you stay at Bazar hostel because it is in a central location on the “Pest” side which is the younger and newer side of the river. I also suggest that if you have never gone caving before, and are not claustrophobic, try it with “Caving Under Budapest.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!