Chelsea Casano: Roaming Around Europe

Taking advantage of the holidays is something that I have tried to do since I have been abroad. We have had a lot of school breaks here and it has given me some time to travel. Before I came here I had a mental note of the places I would like to visit and I am happy to say that I am able to cross some off my list.
The first break we had Amy and me, along with three other students decided to visit Barcelona. The trip was amazing and with the help of our Spanish students who wrote a list of must see places and things to do, we got the most out of our trip. We arrived at night for the last day of carnival and we all decided to train to Sitges and stay up all night to enjoy the festivities, training back in the early morning. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget, the streets were packed with people in costumes and parades and parties were happening all night. Other highlights of the trip included Parc Guell and of course all the delicious Spanish food and drink!
About twenty of us students also all just went on a trip to Budapest together. It was a great trip where everyone got to relax and bond outside of Vlissingen. Budapest is an amazing city as well with really good night life that everyone got to experience (luckily the bars in Budapest are huge so it was no problem going with 20 people into one place).

After that I also was able to visit Rome and travel down the Amalfi coast with a friend from home and my brother who was visiting. They both are going to now come back to Vlissingen to see where I live and meet the people I live with which I am really excited for.
My next trip is Dublin where I have relatives and friends. Other places I want to try to travel to is Bruges, as my roommate is from there and wants me to come with her to her home city, Prague and Paris. Hopefully I will be able to make it to all these places!I feel that I have taken advantage of how close everything is here and want to make sure to check off a couple more places before I leave!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!