Harleen Sangha: Because Life Is Short and the World Is Large


If I don’t do it now… when will I do it? Soon I’ll graduate, have a job, a mortgage, a few children and I’ll be using the excuse that I’m just  “too old”. It took many months of planning and much “umming-and-ahhing” about whether I was even capable of doing this. But in the end, it’s all about exploring the world; new beginnings and new chapters in my life. Looking back on it now, I know this is best decision I have ever made.


My time abroad has been incredible. I have had the opportunity to see different views and appreciate every detail of the world I’m in. I have to admit, I didn’t know much about Switzerland upon my arrival but in these two short months, I have hopped on many trains and explored most of the country. What amazes me most is that although the cities are small they have a lot to offer. Whether it be traditional cuisine, historical attractions, exciting nightlife; the common denominator is its filled with great people.  The genuinely sincere people I have met here have really made the transition across the world easy. This sense of comfort and safety makes the part of me that is still somewhat homesick a little easier to deal with.

Leaving behind all the comforts of my home to be out of my element has allowed me to truly connect with myself on a deeper level. There was a time when I thought I could never leave my family and live on my own, now I’m living halfway across the world. There was also a time when I was scared to try new things, but now I’m taking advantage of every opportunity. It’s safe to say that the beginning is always the hardest and sometimes we don’t always see the doors that are going to open later on. No words can describe my experience abroad thus far but I know the best is yet to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!