Cheyenne Kuckein: So this is my last Study Abroad Blog Post ever.

So this is my last Study Abroad Blog Post ever. EVER. This is just too much pressure. There's just too much to say.

I'll never be able to recount all of my amazing travels, nor the things I've seen. How does one possibly express the calming buzz of Paris at night with just words on a page? Or the beauty of a panoramic, sunset view of Florence from Piazzale Michaelangelo? What about what it feels like to repel down a waterfall in the French Riviera with a new life-long friend?

Friend. Speaking of friends, I'll never be able to explain the type of friendships I've made here. How it feels to have a friendship so close that no language barrier or cultural difference in the world could pull you apart. How it feels to experience friendship at first sight. How it feels to not get sick of someone even after two weeks of sleepless backpacking, or hours of jokes about apple sauce coupons and toilet paper scarves. 

How does one describe how it feels to have someone tell you how much you mean to them in another language? How it feels to fall in love?

How does one possibly explain the satisfaction of that "ah-ha" moment you get at the French dinner table when you finally understand what it means to be truly Canadian. Or that comforting wave you get when you realize that home was never really a geographic location, but a feeling.

This is my last Study Abroad Blog Post ever, and all the words in the would never even begin to describe the life I have lived while studying abroad. I guess the only way you'll find out is if you go and experience it for yourself.

Cheyenne Kuckein is a Bachelor of Business Administration student at Capilano University who is currently studying abroad at École de Management de Normandie in Caen, France.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!