Sara Dal-Santo: This is a blog

It’s just sunk in that we all only have a month left at school. The time goes by ridiculously quick. This may be one of the only times that I’ll say this but, I wish school goes on longer. Nope, I take that back. What I don’t take back though, is all the amazing times I’ve spend travelling with friends and experiences here in the city.
The weather is starting to heat up here but it’s almost always too windy for skirts. This also means that we have even more excuses to eat gelato to cool off. My friend and I took the train into Paris this past weekend to visit the sights and do all the touristy things.
Last weekend, it was Cap Ferret by the beach (where I always manage to sunburn even when no one else gets even a touch of a tan). Positive things about this study abroad and travelling experience: it has been the least stressful and most relaxed I think I’ve ever been. It’s basically one big six and a half month vacation of sorts.
These blog posts that we have to write remind me remarkably of the emails I  send my mom so she knows  I haven’t disappeared while studying in the land of croissants, baguettes, and cheap wine. I still have no set plans for what I’m going to do when school ends in a month (and no ticket home, or anywhere else for that matter).
We’re meant to talk about how we have grown during this study abroad experience and what we’ve learnt about ourselves. I don’t know how much I’ve grown but it is sure exciting to pack a small bag, and just get up and go. Show up somewhere where you don’t know a single other human being and adventure your way through it all. I think it’s something everyone should try at least once in their lives and on the plus side: you don’t even have to interrupt your studies to do it!


Sara Maria Dal-Santo is a Capilano University Bachelor of Business Administration student currently studying abroad at INSEEC in Bordeaux, France.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!