Kerrigan Cartner in Auckland, New Zealand

 
Yes, you could say that I’m living the dream. New Zealand has been amazing so far. The adrenaline of being in a new country is still present everyday. Everywhere I go is a new experience and is as exciting as the last. The Maori culture here is highly celebrated and I have been lucky enough to experience it up close.

 
 
 
 

New Zealand is beautiful and reminds me of home in Canada, although there are many differences (like the palm trees surrounding my backyard that make me feel like I am in a jungle). The house I am living in is in a suburb called Ponsonby. There are always things to do just a few minutes walk away and I am fortune enough to be living with great people, including Ruby who is also on exchange from Capilano. We are always finding things to do, from movies in the park, Auckland’s nightlife, biking, markets, and even adventuring off to new places away from Auckland on the weekends.
 I didn’t know what to expect when coming here, but I know it has by far exceeded all expectations. Travelling to Rotorua one weekend, we decided to go white water rafting. After flipping a boat off a 7-meter waterfall, it was safe to say that the fun never stops. I can’t wait for the next adventure as each one reminds me that being here is one of the best decisions I’ve made.





Kerrigan is a 3rd year Motion Picture Arts Degree student at Capilano University. Kerrigan is studying abroad at Unitec in New Zealand.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!