Ahtousa Panah: Night lights in China


I can’t believe that we are more than half way through this trip. I have loved every minute of it so far, even the frustrating parts and my home sick day. Before we arrived in China I told myself not to have any expectations and to be open to events that are out of my five star way of traveling. I do have to say that I have had moments where I have felt super creeped out and most of all just dirty from all the sweating, but every time I remind myself that this is what I wanted to experience and I feel like now I can travel to rural places and have some sort of expectation and most of all know what and how to pack properly.

I have had a lot of highlights so far on this trip, such as visiting the Tian Tan Buddha in Hong Kong, I felt such a positive and spiritual power when I was up on that mountain, I wish we had a place like that in Vancouver to visit on days when you need that extra positive boost. In general though so far on the trip I love Hong Kong it is definitely somewhere I would like to go back to and spend more than three days in. 

Another highlight that stands out from the rest is the City lights in Guangzhou, specifically standing in the Asian Games Square. All the buildings have some sort of light show which makes the city at night look so magical. The Guangzhou TV Tower was so beautiful, Jeff, Frankie and I had the opportunity to go up the tower and see the entire city from it and wow was it a sight to see. A fun part of the tower was the glass floor sections that you get to stand on and look down through…. scary.  Those are the two highlights that stood out the most so far for me on this trip, activity wise.
The Monastery by the Tain Tan Buddha: I bought incense and made my prayers


Every day on this trip I remind myself how lucky  I am to be where I am in life and thankful for my family for providing a life for me where I can do what I want and go where I want and experience different things. This trip has really opened my eyes up on being a more independent person as well as has thought me how to interact and deal with group issues, and personality clashes. I have also learned a lot about the Chinese culture and how it is so similar to the culture that I have been raised in (Persian).
Pearl River Cruise, Guangzhou Lights: Wish I could live on top of the Guangzhou TV Tower… one day?



When we visited Huizhou University we had the chance to have an “ English Corner” with some Chinese students and it was so interesting comparing my life in Canada with their life in China, It in a way made me a bit sad, the girls told me a lot about their lives and how it only consists of studying and how they all leave their families to be able to gain an education in hopes on getting a good job after school, but with the mass population and competition it’s so hard for them. They also told me that they have never left China before and that I was for some of them their first “white” person interaction they have ever had. Over all it really shows how in general, no matter where in the world you live, you have to work hard and differentiate yourself in hopes on a happy and financially good future.
Victoria Peak, Hong Kong Lights: Such a romantic view


I could go on and on about China, however I have already maxed out my word limit. Today we are off to Beijing and I have been waiting this whole trip for this part. Finally time for Shopping at the Silk Market, The Great Wall, Forbidden City and Pecking Duck!
Xx Ahtousa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!