Mona Cantlie: Hong Kong


Hong Kong is one of the most amazing cities in the world today we did so many things that I don’t know where to start; we used almost every possible method of transportation. In the morning we went to Tian Tan Buddha Statue. To get to the Buddha we took a 45 minutes long gondola ride. It was quite windy and it was swinging our gondola quite a bit at some point the fog was so thick that all we could see was fog. The view from the gondola was quite amazing there was a long trail for hiking, it has become one of my new future plans to come back to Hong Kong and hike that trail one day. When we got up to the top it was so beautiful the air was so thick and misty that it was quite impossible to see the Buddha, but I managed to get a decent shot. Seeing the Buddha was a very peaceful experience, Breathing was so much easier. I would recommend any one to go and experience the peace and serenity of the Buddha. Afterwards we went back to the hotel for 10 minutes and ran to catch a 1 hour long boat ride to see Hong Kong we got on the boat on the main land and got off on an island took a double decker bus to catch a tram to go on top of the mountain. The tram ride was going up a 45 degree angle the whole time and it took around 20 minutes.


When we got up there the view of Hong Kong was absolutely breath taking. There were beautiful walk ways all around and at some point when I was walking I noticed some butterflies, I looked around and saw these beautiful orange butterflies all around me. It was an unbelievably amazing experience  



We came back down from the sky line view around 7:30. Took a double decker bus again then took a ferry and got to the hotel, most of the group went out for dinner but I was quite tired and went to the hotel and went for a nice swim.

Our last day in Hong Kong was a once in a life time experience and even though sometimes we felt like we couldn’t  walk any more, we walked more, we talked more, and we laughed more. This trip has been one of the best experiences of my life and I’m so glad I made the decision to join this group. My group members are all lots of fun and easy to get along with. They are all easy going and we don’t have any fussy personalities in our group. We have formed a new family and have only been 4 days in to our trip; I have a feeling we are going to miss each other a lot after this trip is over. I know that I’m going to look back at this trip in the future and think about how much I miss all of this adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!