Zhen Tang: Trip Is Not Just a Trip

I was so excited about the Easter break trip. Me and a bunch of people had been planned this trip for a few month. We decided where we'll visit, booked flights and hostels. We had been travelled the whole time during study abroad period and knew each other well enough like a tacit team.

The trip (14 days)
Three countries: France, Italy, Spain
Five cities: Paris, Rome, Venice, Milan, Barcelona


All of cities were amazing, especially Paris and Venice for me.
However, there is one moment I'd like to share rather than the description of this trip. We decided to start this trip at April 1st. The first stop was headed to Paris by taking Eurostar. Due to I wanted to visit an old friend in Paris, I left on April 1st. I told the rest of them I will pick them up the second day at Eurostar station. 
 (I was so lucky because his girlfriend is a tour guide for Europe and she knows everything about Paris.) I had a great time at my first day of the trip.

I met up my friend at Eurostar station at April 1st. He treated me a really nice dinner and a cup of coffee. After that, he and his girlfriend drove the car and showed me how Paris looks like

My friend was busy at the second day, so I needed to go to the Eurostar station by myself to pick the rest of them up. It was not easy because I know nothing about the country, the city, the language. Not that many people speak English here. I researched to find out which metro station I should go and where I should get off. The metro system was complicated for me who was the first time arrived that city. I was looking for M5 line and asked a girl where it is. She didn't know English at all. Therefore, she used gestures to show me how I can get there. Then, I follow the sign to find M5.

I was happy I arrived there finally.
Sometimes the trip is not just to see the churches, museums, or those natural things.  It was more than those. It was a new experience and growth of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!