Khazar Alvand: An Unforgettable Experience Awaits

I cannot express enough the excitement I have for this trip! The thing I am looking forward to most is experiencing the Chinese culture firsthand. Being in the busy overcrowded streets, the different language, the people, the food, I am excited for every part of it.

I think visiting the Great Wall of China is also what I am most looking forward to because it is something I have heard about since I was young. I know that China will be much different from Canada in most aspects. The air, the food, the culture, the people, the social norms, almost everything will be a major contrast to what I am used to. Being put in situations that I am not familiar with will be a valuable asset and will give me perspective on how Chinese people feel when they first come to Canada.

Being in a tourism degree program, travelling is a valuable asset in addition to having the degree. The most important part of travelling is coming into contact with different cultures all around the world, especially when put into situations where there is a language barrier. Direct experience is the best way to begin to learn any culture. Experiencing the culture first hand will teach me proper business etiquette, manners, and appropriate communication skills. This will be one of the most valuable lessons I hope to take away from this study tour academically. 

Personally, I hope to become more open to trying new things, and experiencing all that I can. Usually when I travel I tend to just do things that I feel most comfortable with. For this trip, I will experience as much as I can and be open to trying new things in order to have no regrets.

I am so excited to be travelling with such an amazing group of people. I have already gotten to know most of them, and they all seem so awesome. Cannot wait to create unforgettable memories with everyone! Lets do this! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!