Michelle Santos: The Magic of Disney




Favourite Star in Downtown LA

So far my Disney experience has been amazing. I had so many fears about coming here for 6 months away from my family and friends. But it has proven already to be well worth it. I have met so many great people and have gotten to experience many different things.

The two weeks at UCR really helped get the program started off on the right foot. In just two weeks, I was able to bond with so many people and become great friends with 15 people. I still hang out with them often and we all chat with each other everyday. UCR was also a great opportunity for me to transition to working with different people in a group setting.

At the end of the Warner Brothers studio… at central perk

 
While at UCR their wasn't to much to do as we didn’t have cars to get around, but my friends and I did manage to take a day trip to LA and we did a tour of the Warner Brothers studios. We spent the whole day away from Riverside, and it was a blast. The studio tour was very fun and it was something I had never done before. My family also was visiting while I was in California, so I did a day trip with them to downtown LA and I enjoyed that also.

Arriving to Disney that first day was very overwhelming. There were so many things to do and get prepared before our first day of work called Traditions. It took me about 3 days to get fully settled into my apartment and after that I spent most of my time going to the different parks with the gang. This was all before training for our jobs began.

Now that we have been trained and are working on our own, its live as usual. I have the same routine when I’m working and on my days off its all about getting groceries and doing something fun. I cannot wait to see what these next few months have in store for me.




The first day we went exploring and my friends and I got soaked in the rain


Michelle is a Bachelors of Business Administration student at Capilano University. Michelle studied abroad at  University of California Riverside, in Orlando, Florida 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!