Kerrigan Cartner: Be Inspired






Doing a semester abroad was an amazing opportunity and I would encourage other students to do the same. It’s so amazing that we are able to continue studies in another country and get to meet other people from around the world. If I could do it again I would do it in a heartbeat. I am back in Canada now and always catch myself reminiscing and comparing my lifestyles. I am able to take my experiences from New Zealand and apply that adventure mindset here in Canada. I think that shows how great it is to expand your horizons and set out on new adventures if the opportunity arises. After school ended in July I was able to travel down to the South Island of New Zealand and explore Queenstown, Milford Sound, Wanaka, Lake Tekapo, and a few more stops on the way. After that I ventured off the North Island to try and squeeze in some more beautiful landscapes. It’s funny, talking to some classmates, I realized I had travelled most of New Zealand and they had never even left the North Island. I am so inspired now to travel more of Canada. I think that’s the most important thing, if you want to go study abroad do it, because every new experience is a door to being inspired in ways you haven’t even thought of.  


Kerrigan Cartner is a communications student at Capilano University. Kerrigan studied abroad at Unitec Institute of Technology in New Zealand. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!