Savina: It’s London Baby




Song of the day: "Best Day of My Life” by American Authors
The song I chose to represent this day would be “Best Day of My Life” by American Authors. The reason I chose this song was because it is extremely happy and optimistic, kind of what it’s been like here so far.
Today was a superb day. I was up at around 7:30 AM as I had to make sure everyone was present for the activities we had planned for today, and have time for breakfast. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the breakfast as it included 1 croissant and one baguette with a bit of jam.


We needed to be departed by 8:30AM in order to start our Double Decker bus tour for 9AM. Some of the students took a little bit longer to eat while others seemed to be just getting to the lobby from their rooms.

Conveniently, the station was located just within walking distance from our hotel. We hopped on and made our way to Tower Gateway Station, which took about 30 minutes. Once we reached the tour bus, my friends and I ran straight to the top and took the seats of the very first row so we had the entire window to look through. The views were breathtaking and I was able to see so many places and see things I had not seen before. We did tour for a few hours and were then given 45 minutes to have a quick coffee break. I informed everyone we were to meet in exactly 45 minutes in our meeting spot. My friends and I spent majority of the time looking for a coffee shop. We ended up walking quite far and ordered coffee from a fancy shop. We remembered that in most places such as this coffee shop, the person there will most likely not divide the bills separately, so we worked it out ourselves and paid on one tab. By the time we got out, we had maybe 15 minutes to run to our meeting spot before rushing to our bus. The coffee tasted a lot more different to our usual Starbucks, it was also twice as expensive.



Our lunch started at 1 and my friends and I ate at this place called Paul’s. They carried specialty artisan sandwiches that were exquisite to look at, and even better to taste. I made sure to let everyone know about meeting at 2 so we could start our Tower of London tour. This tour was scheduled for 3 hours so I wanted to make sure everyone had something good to eat.

The Tower tour has probably been my favorite activity thus far. I enjoyed going from building to building and feeling the structures and reading information provided with it. It is amazing to see such history and to have the opportunity to explore it the way we did.

The tour ended fantastically although we were all quite tired by the time it hit 5 and were about to depart back to the hotel. It was a chilly and windy night but everyone made it back safely and had enjoyed the days activities.

  

Macintosh HD:Users:savinadhesi:Desktop:DSC00397.jpg

Savina is studying in Human Kinetics and had fulfilled the 2016 London Field School at Capilano University.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!