Brooklynn Nelsen: I Don't Want it to End!

 
In just a few months, I can proudly call England my home, I can say I studied abroad, I lived on my own for the very first time, I have made lifelong friendships, I have travelled to 8 countries and in the end I will be rewarded with 12 credits toward my bachelor’s degree marking the end of my 3rd year in university. I’d say life is good!
 
 
 
For all of you debating whether studying abroad is for you, the answer is yes! I had so many doubts in the beginning and I even hated myself for even thinking of the idea and putting myself through this. But the minute I landed in London, I knew I made the right choice.
 
 

 
Studying abroad has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it baffles me why every single person doesn’t apply to study abroad sometime during their degree. You get to travel the world and at the same time not having to put a hold on your schooling.
 
 
 
 
 
I honestly thought I wouldn’t be able to last a week on my own, let alone 8 months. This has had the biggest impact on me as a person. Discovering what you can accomplish on your own is the most amazing feeling. My confidence and level of independence has skyrocketed.
 
 
 
 
I believe this experience has made me happier and much more appreciative for everything I have been given. It has also made me love Vancouver even more and I am now so much for grateful so growing up in one of the best cities in the world.
 
 There is no doubt, that if given the chance to do this all over again, I would, 100%!
 
Brooklynn Nelsen is a Capilano University Bachelor of Business Administration student. Brooklynn studied abroad at the University of Hertfordshire in England. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!