Melissa Kuiper: An Experience That Will Last a Lifetime!

I’ve only been here for approximately 3 weeks but it feels like so much longer.  I have completed my work at The University of California, Riverside and passed with an A- and I have just finished all of my recreation orientation classes and training classes for my job as a lifeguard at Disney’s All Stars Resort and will actually be starting my non-training shift today!

Along with all of that, I have visited the Animal Kingdom Park (which is by far my favorite park at Walt Disney) and of course the Magic Kingdom Park where I went on the rides and stayed to watch the amazing Magic Kingdom light show and fireworks show.

As a cast member, we have free access to all of the parks here and I cannot wait till I have time to visit the rest of the parks! Why do I feel like it’s been so much longer, well that’s because I’ve done so much in such a short period of time. 

This experience so far has just been amazing!  I am living at one of Disney’s Cast Member’s apartments called Vista Way and there are over 7500 people living in these apartments from over 30 different countries. I’ve make lots of new friends from all over the world and they are all teaching me cool things about their country such as traditions and language.
 
The most surprising thing that I’ve learned is that even though we all come from different cultures, religions, and speak different languages, not matter what the barrier is we all tend to get along just great and I hardly have any trouble understanding anyone!  Lets just say, I’m having the time of my life right now.  I’ve actually picked up extra shifts because I love my job.  I’ve lucked out and got an awesome third floor apartment with Tessa Shing, a Canadian who also goes to Capilano University.  I know that this experience that I’m living right now is going to be one that I will always remember.  This is an experience that will last a lifetime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!