Danie Hasselback: The Best Of British To You


Feels like yesterday I was booking my flights to Spain for Spring Break. Now the time has come and I’m packing my bags for our flight tomorrow! In the 24 years of my life, time has never flown by so fast than during this experience.  I’m now wishing Capilano offered a whole year abroad, because there’s so much to see in this unique and charming continent. 


 Since being abroad I have visited The Canary Islands, Manchester, Amsterdam, Lisbon, and London many times. Four friends from Capilano and myself are headed to Barcelona tomorrow, then heading to Seville and Malaga. After Spain we will head to Morocco for a week. That isn’t where my travels end! I’m very excited to meet my mom in Italy for 6 days in May, then heading to Greece for a week. This is going to be such an incredible trip for both of us as my mother has never been to Europe. I can’t wait for her to experience what I have been for the past three months.


Throughout my life, I have been known for losing things and not being the most organized individual. This trip has forced me to be more orderly and take better care of my most precious belongings (passport). Booking numerous flights, busses, trains, and planning three week long trips aren’t easy, and you learn from it. I’m used to my parents helping me out a lot (still) with this type of stuff, and I’m happy to have done this on my own, and now know the do’s and don’ts of travel.


I know there is still so much to learn in the final months abroad. I can’t exactly say what it is going to be. Every time I enter a new country I learn something new - whether it’s about the culture, history, or even something about myself. I can honestly say this has been one of the most amazing and inspiring trips I have ever had. Does it have to end? 

Danie is a third year Bachelor of Communication Studies student studying abroad at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield, England.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!