Davin Chahal: Biscuits and Tea

I arrived in the UK a couple weeks early with the intention of doing some major travelling throughout the country – and that’s exactly what I did! I’ve also been quite fortunate to have the opportunity to live in this unique country and meet so many amazing people (especially the ones from Vancouver).
So far I’ve only been here for a month and I have already been to 7 different cities in the UK; Southampton, Chichester, Birmingham, Derby, Sheffield, London, and of course Hatfield. It’s amazing to see how different each city is and the small pieces of history they have to offer. If you have a good ear, you’ll notice that each city also has a slightly different accent! The train/rail system in the UK is just spectacular because I can catch a train to just about anywhere in the country. For people that are planning on travelling by train here, I would recommend purchasing a Railcard. It’s the best £28 I’ve spent.
The university here is quite nice and the people are friendly. Hatfield is a small town with lots of energetic students and conveniently located close to London. As it is my first time living on my own, there are many challenges that I am being faced with – cooking being the most profound. I seem to burn just about everything from toast to fish fingers. As a result, my diet mostly consists of biscuits and tea.


As my experience here keeps getting better and better, I look forward to all the crazy nights and new faces I will meet in the months to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!