Aina Kapa: Monochronic Girl in a Polychronic World

I remember reading these entries last summer before applying to study abroad and now I’ve been here for almost two months and it’s finally sinking in. I love being in the sun and being super tanned, I mean who doesn’t. I do miss home on occasion but try to distract myself, it’s not like I’m completely cut off from everyone.

One thing I’ve learnt already is nothing will go as you plan, so you might as well not do it. It can also be quite the emotional roller coaster with making new friends and perhaps losing old ones but I just keep thinking this is what I’ve wanted for years so I refuse to regret anything I do. It’s a complete growing experience, I didn’t know I was so dependent on my friends and family until the other night when the power went out and I didn’t know what to do or who to call. It was sad really haha. I’ve learnt a lot about the culture already in one of my classes and it is even more fascinating then I had expected.

I honestly can’t wait for whoever comes next year, they are going to have a blast! There are so many things to do, and you become really familiar with the public transit system here. Everyone is really nice and very helpful which is really easy to get used to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!