Samantha Glennie: Don’t Cry Because It’s Over, Smile Because It Happened!

It was now 6:00AM and my friend, Maria and I were getting into a cab heading off to Orlando International Airport. During the 45 minutes we were in the cab, all we did was reminisce on all the amazing adventures we had during our time in the Disney International College Program. Such as: Gambling in Vegas, Cruising to the Bahamas, Jamming to the beat at the Electric Daisy Carnival, Lounging on Daytona Beach, Tanning in the Miami Sun, Plastered in Paint at many Paint Parties, Cheering on the Tampa Bay Rays, Sitting like a VIP at the Orlando SolarBears Hockey Game, Chilling with our New Friends Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Dancing the night away in Downtown Orlando and Making Magic and Memories everywhere we went! It’s crazy to think back and realize how much I and we (as a group) have done together and individually. People are right when they say “Time Flies When You’re Having Fun!”


 
This is it ladies and gentlemen my time is up! My magical experience has come to an end. The mission of my last week in the Disney College Program was not to cry as I said my final goodbyes to my friends and co-workers. I did a pretty good job until my last final hours in Vista Way Apartment 410. I was the first one out of the 7 Capilano University students to leave and the hardest thing to do always is saying goodbye. The breaking point for me was saying goodbye to my roommate Jenn, the moment I step towards to give her a hug goodbye tears were already bursting out of my eyes! Throughout the six months, we shared more than just a room; we shared secrets, stories, jokes and crazy experiences.
Increasing the flooding of tears, I continued to say goodbye to the rest of my housemates; Alek who lived in the other room with Alysha (Fellow CapilanoU Student). Giving her a big bear hug and remembering all the amazing times we had: coming home from our girl’s nights out eating Tim Tams and Macaroni and Cheese gossiping or comforting, she was the best big sister a girl could ask for! I am so thankful I got a chance to live with all three girls, after hearing so many horror stories of roommates and housemates not getting along I was scared I would end up just like those stories. However, that wasn’t the case the bond that the four of us created is unbreakable, I don’t know if you could get as close as the four of us. We knew that all of us were too special to one another that we would let our friendship stop here. We knew that this wasn’t a goodbye but merely a see you soon. I can’t wait to see these girls somewhere around the world!
This experience has been like a crazy roller-coaster with so many crazy twists and turns, ups and downs. My advice to fellow study abroad students is expected the unexpected these changes can make or break you. Therefore, what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger; that’s one of the greatest accomplishments I think I gained throughout my six-months in Orlando. I miss the magical world greatly because I didn’t just gain credits out of this experience – I gained friends, family, memories and adventures that all started with a mouse!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!