Kirstin Rinke: Living in Vienna

I think a strength of mine is I really try to be friendly to everyone I meet, and this helps with meeting new people. In terms of weaknesses, I would say sometimes I am afraid to push myself outside of my comfort zone to do things without my usual friends or ways.

In the beginning of the exchange, I didn’t make a huge effort to push myself outside my comfort zone. After about a month I knew I had to change this, which I did. Now I have met new amazing people and done things I wouldn’t have normally done on my own. The overall experience here has gone from good to great with that one simple change. Saying yes to invitations that I was uncertain about and making an effort to make plans with different people really helps.

I think I have learnt to be more relaxed in my thinking and have improved my patience. It is easy to get worked up about small things when something goes wrong. With a bit of a bumpy start living in Vienna, it taught me how important it is to brush things off. I think I have a more easygoing mentality then I did previously when something goes wrong. Overall this makes my day to day life much happier and peaceful.

I hope to continue to push my boundaries with expanding my network and gaining new perspectives from different people and cultures.

Kirstin Rinke is a Bachelor of Business Administration student at Capilano University. Kirstin is currently studying abroad at FH Wien University of Applied Sciences WKW in Vienna, Austria. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!