Andrea Griffin: Cuppa Tea

I feel extremely fortunate and grateful to have been given this opportunity to study abroad in England. It has been amazing right from the beginning and is only getting better. My first night here was a bit stressful, but once I talked to some other international students, I realized that they were in the exact same boat as me. This gave me a sense of comfort knowing that I wasn’t the only one, and within a couple days the stress was completely gone.

There was a big snowfall at the very beginning of February and a few of us were in London at the time; it was quite different to see how people in London reacted towards the snow. The tubes all shut down, taxis want you to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a ride and cars are slipping and sliding everywhere. It was a bit funny at the time, and instead of taking a taxi back to the train station (our only source of transportation back to the university…) we decided to run through the snow! We ran for 25 minutes through the slush till we were all soaking wet, we were all in hysterics and miraculously ended up making the last train back home. This was by far the most memorable moment I’ve had since I arrived here and I will never forget it.

I look forward to what the rest of my study abroad experience has in store for me and I am so happy that I decided to do take this once and a lifetime opportunity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breanna Nathorst: Leaving Paradise with Mi Familia

London Field School x2 - 2019

London Field School 2019!